Monday, April 6, 2009

UPDATE: To Dusty's Report Card

Dusty spent all day Sunday writing his definitions that uncle VJ told him to write. We were painting my living room and Dusty took a break and joined us for awhile. I had been painting for about an hour when he came in the room and took a brush. "Oh I have writers cramps from painting", I said. Dusty was bent down in the floor doing some touch ups on the window when he looked up at me and said, "Welcome to my World". I couldn't help but to chuckle and have sympathy for him at that point, but punishment is punishment and I was feeling it myself.

Later on when the room was done and everything was in place, Dusty had gone back to writing and finishing his homework. After a while I realized that he was not going to make the deadline, so I went to his room and asked him what number he was on. "I'm on uh...number 80", but I'll make it". He said. Now we have not heard from VJ at this point. I know he had to work on Sunday and his hours have been long. "Well you better hurry up because I think uncle VJ will be here in 10 to 15 minutes". Five minutes later, Dusty walked into the living room and threw out his arm with papers in hand and said, "Ok, here's 8 pages of wasted paper". I then reached out and said, "thank you, good job". I didn't see VJ last night but talked to him today..Sometimes you got a do what you gotta do to light a fire under the wet wood....

No comments:

Post a Comment